Monday, May 09, 2005

If You Are One Of THOSE People

If you're one of those people that go to a fast food restaurant, and make your order so complicated that even a genius couldn't figure it out, lol... I hate you.

I had a half hour last night for dinner... So I went for fast food. The lady in front of me was ordering some burgers, about 6 or 7 of them. All of them were different, one only ketchup, another without pickles or onions, another plain BUT with some other kind of cheese on it.... she went on and on and on, added some nuggets, a salad (after all, she's all kinds of healthy eating fast food, right?) and some drinks. It took her forever to order, then of course since I was behind her, it took forever to get my order taken.

So this lady stands there waiting for her food, full on thinking that her order is going to be just what she asked for. "ARE YOU STUPID?" I wanted to scream at her? Where the hell did she think she was? a $50 a plate restaurant? It was McDonald's for crying out loud! Some high school kid is going to totally screw that up.

So of course, she gets her food and immediately starts opening burgers to check her order.. to make sure he list of burgers for her spoiled rotten, overly picky, coddled, McChildren is just so. What do you know? It wasn't even close. Who would have guessed? Let me ask this.... Why did she deem it necessary to open each burger and check it in the first place? CAUSE SHE KNEW IT WOULD BE WRONG!!!!!!!!!!! We all know that, they know that, and she knows that. It's written in stone. So why bother?

Then she has to go over it all again... 4 or 5 times, with the person at the counter. So, again, I can't get my food cause the person who would give it to me is otherwise occupied. 18 minutes. That's how long it took from the time I walked in the door til the time I got my food. That left me 12 minutes, right? It took 5 minutes to get there, and would take me 5 minutes to get back... that left me 2 whole minutes. I ate my dinner 2 hours later, microwaved.

Lady, I really don't like you very much. Every bite of microwaved dinner only escalated that dislike.

5 Comments:

Blogger girlspit said...

The other day, a coworker and I went to Dunkin' Donuts for everyone. Mind you, it was 1:00 a.m., and we sat in the drive thru for 30 minutes. THIRTY.

I actually went to Taco Bell next door, while we waited, and got various colon rockets for five different people and CAME BACK while we waited.

The problem was the carful of obnoxious teenagers in a Mercedes in front of us. They were yelling and throwing things into the drive thru window while they waited.

When they got their order, it was three of those 50-packs of donut holes. Coworker and me were like, "Munchies."

5/12/2005 1:44 AM  
Blogger Geo said...

So what you're saying is if egocentrism inspires you to think you actually deserve to deviate from the 21st Century fast food norm, you'd better content yourself to ask for a naked hamburger and carry your own condiments. Yeah?

I happen to have a McGrandmother who can hold her own against the most picky child. I can't tell you how many times I've had to go back to the person at the counter and say, "Sorry, but I ordered a hamburger with mustard and onions ONLY . . . ." I for one always know that everyone within a block radius hates my guts, but it's either get the thing right or granny spits nails.

As a fellow Utahn, you are probably well aware of the presence of fry sauce in our corner of the universe. (Is it one of your guilty pleasures, as it is mine?) Once I had the aforementioned McGranny experience in a greasy spoon called Stan's, and I carefully ordered the usual grandmother's hamburger with mustard and onions ONLY, which the teenager behind the counter repeated back to me as he wrote down the order and sent it to the cook, repeating it to her as well, loud enough for me to hear. I ordered my cheeseburger without asking for any special favors. Our diner boy brought our food to the table and we quickly discovered that both our burgers were drenched--nay, swimming!--in fry sauce, which wasn't so lovely in that context. I thought, Okay, I guess I asked for it by not being specific about what I wanted, but my McGranny was ready to start screaming, so up to the counter I went. Diner boy was nowhere to be found, but diner girl, the cook, came out to meet me. I offered my usual, "Sorry, but I ordered a hamburger with mustard and onions ONLY . . . ." She gave me this long questioning look as if to say, "And your problem is . . . ?" I said, "This has got fry sauce all over it. Can I get another one?" She looked like she wanted to murder me then. She argued that she thought what I meant was that I wanted onions and mustard AND fry sauce because . . . get this . . . "we put fry sauce on EVERYTHING."

Oh, hey, thanks for the friendly note you left on my blog. I've been away from my keyboard lately because (drumroll, please) I'm pregnant. Pregnant = sick. Sick beyond fry sauce overdose. Ah, me.

5/12/2005 9:05 PM  
Blogger Kerouaced said...

Ah, that post brings back memories. After graduating from College (WVU) I stayed because my girlfriend hadn't graduated from school yet. I couldn't find a job so had to work at a Subway. Lots of "those" people came in and ordered like they were at a 4 star restaraunt. One woman in particular I will never forget. She was in such a hurry and talking so fast I couldn't keep up. Needless to say several subs didn't come out the way she wanted. She bitched and swore at me so I opened up the subs and picked all the stuff out she didn't want. She almost had a heart attack...

5/18/2005 12:38 PM  
Blogger courtney said...

Oh DogMan...I am totally one of THOSE people. Picky as hell.
However, I don't eat fast food, so you wouldn't have to worry about running into me at McNasty's or any other similar establishment.

I am just now catching up on reading your blog. I like!

Have a great weekend!

~C

5/20/2005 8:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi dogman!! ur sooo patient and good heart(^o^);;
i cant wait so long. probably did something to her if i were in that situation....

9/18/2005 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home